Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Hobby Lobby - 40% off - gets me everytime

A couple of weeks ago I took some of Kristen's (Brandon's sister) prints to Hobby Lobby to get them framed along with my bib from my first 5K. We have had Kristen's prints for a long time and I have felt incredibly bad that I haven't had them framed and they have just been stored away. I've been "too busy."

They were ready to be picked up today. After my work dinner I ran over to Hobby Lobby to pick them up. This was a bad idea for numerous reasons. The sign outside Tractor Supply (right next door) said "baby chicks are here," so of course I asked Brandon if I could get one to which he replied "uhhhh." Keep in mind we live in a one bedroom apartment. This trip was also bad idea because Brandon wasn't there to focus me on my mission. The next thing that happened was the glaring 40% off signs on the Easter decor right when you walk in. With the size of our apartment I don't really decorate for any season/holiday but these little guys were too hard to resist. I also rationalized that all of them except for the bunny can be kept out year round (heck, I might even leave him out). I got all of these adorable guys for $11.97. Right now I just put them on a tray that I made. You can find how I made the tray here



Finally I made my way back to the framing, after having to tell myself "no more" on every isle that I came to. I picked these three prints and my bib up. The first pic are prints that Kristen did. The middle one with the green frame I believe she did all in pencil. I went with the green frame on this one because the eyes of one of the girls is green and I thought it would really bring them out. I have no idea where we are going to hang them, but I'm sure we will find the perfect space for them. Keep in mind that she is a tattoo artist and has the ability to just dream up all these things. That is one talent I can't even comprehend.



I'll keep y'all posted when I figure out what I'm going to do with my new little guys and Kristen's prints. I'm going to put the bib in my office at work.

We are headed to Sweetwater this weekend for the Roundup. I'm sure I'll be back on Monday with a blog of all the good times and shenanigans that Brandon, Jared, and Chris get into while Tanya and I are thinking "ohhh noo.."

No comments:

Post a Comment