Thursday, March 15, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie

This is my first baking post so please bear with me. I haven't had the urge to bake in a long time which is quite strange since I used to bake almost every day. Being in a one bedroom small apartment with an even smaller kitchen has extinguished all desire to cook/bake. Well with yesterday being national Pi Day (3.14), I asked my sweet husband if he wanted a pie for Pi Day. His answer was "like moms?" So I made a Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie like Michelle had made for us a couple of weekends ago. It wasn't until I started mixing the ingredients that I thought "I should blog about this." And then because it was my first I didn't do so great at taking "tracking" pictures along the way. So, like I said bear with me, I promise I'll get better.

Michelle found this on the back of the packaging of Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chips. 

Here's what you will need:

1) 2 eggs (husbands say egg beaters don't count, you have to use the real thing)
2) 1/2 c. flour (I prefer King Arthur, it is unbleached and supposed to be "better" for you)
3) 1/2 c. sugar
4) 1/2 c. finely packed brown sugar
5) 1 c. butter, melted and cooled (use sticks of butter and not a tub as husbands mother always uses sticks)
6) 1 6oz package of Nestle's Toll House semi-sweet chocolate chips
7) 1 c. chopped pecans
8) 1 9in unbaked pie shell

If using a frozen pie shell like I did make sure that you let it thaw completely out before you pour the filling in it

Step 1: Preheat oven to 325 degrees
Step 2: Beat the egg beaters eggs until foamy
Step 3: Add flour and both sugars

Step 4: Beat until blended and add in melted butter (sticks of butter get to room temperature much easier than tubs of butter)

Step 5: Stir in chocolate chips and nuts

Step 6: Pour into pie shell


Step 7: Let husband lick the spoon since he has helped with the dishes from dinner

Step 7: Bake for 1 hour or as the Birds do for 45 minutes so it is still gooey in the center



 This is a quick, easy, and yummy pie to throw together and the husbands will love it with ice cream and coffee or milk. 

Thank goodness the weekend is almost here!! 

2 comments: