Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Our First Home

So, I have some great news! Finally, after looking at what seemed like a million houses we found the perfect starter home. Last Friday I went with our realtor and the last house we looked at I decided that that was the one. It was wonderful 3 bedroom, 4 bath, original  hardwood, craft room, original mint green, blue, pink, white tiles in all the bathrooms in excellent condition, and it was a BIG house. After careful consideration over the weekend we decided that as old as the home is and as big as it is that we didn't want to worry about the upkeep of it for a first home. I mean just the time I finished cleaning the last room I would have to start all  over...not appealing.

We have always looked at open houses on Sundays even when we weren't looking to buy. So this Sunday was no different. We beefed it up this Sunday instead of our usual 2-3 houses that we want to see just because we are curious we had 11 on our list. The first house we went and looked at was in an area that we told our realtor we most definitely didn't want to be in and we didn't even want to look. It's just that the subdivision is out of town a little bit and farther away from the grocery store..haha. Basically, living out there would change our whole routine.

So needless to say the first house we looked at that day, in the area we didn't want to be in, is the one that is now going to become our first home. We walked in an I instantly knew that it was the one. It's a smaller home but with all the necessary amenities that we want. Plus you can't beat a deal when they tell you that they are leaving their fridge, their new electrolux washer and dryers, and the huge giant tv over the fireplace. The house was built in 2009 so it's right at 3 years old which hopefully means one thing....low maintenance. The owners also have added a security system with cameras.

I go this morning to sign the official contract. The next ten days are going to be full of getting the inspection done, making sure that the bank has all of the million documents they need, and anticipation. Our apartment lease is up May 31 and we close on the house May 18. That will give us a solid week and a half for me to go in and deep clean the house and get it prepared for our stuff.

I stole the pic off the realtor's website so I could give y'all a sneak peek. I hope that I can keep myself from driving by there everyday and having them think I'm some sort of stalker.

No comments:

Post a Comment