Monday, August 27, 2012

The Bird's Fall and Getting Organized

So, it seems as if I've let our family blog go a little bit. I do still blog, but all my posts the last few months have been running posts which you can read here

Life has been a little hectic in the Bird house the past few months and we have made a lot of changes/improvements to our lives. I have become even more involved in my career and set new goals for running. Brandon has been busy with work as well and running around doing everything I've asked him to do since I have limited time now. We have made hard, hard decisions in our life over the last few months.

I've decided to set goals every day/week to continue to help us grow as a couple and for me to run our household while training for a marathon and having a career. Last week, I decided that I was going to cook every meal and that we wouldn't eat out, but once. That was a complete success. I spent $130 on groceries for the week, instead of approximately $200 eating out. Healthier and we saved some money - win win.

The end of summer into fall consists of my 25th bday party this weekend, a board meeting for TCMA and a trip to Fredericksburg next weekend, a river trip with Kyle and Jessi, a Ranger's game, our cousin's wedding, annual company picnic, concert with Marcus and Christy, surprise bday trip for my husband, hunting, and Marcus and Christy coming for a visit, all before Thanksgiving.

Today, as I was searching around on Pinterest I found this blog. It has inspired me to take on a project a week until I get our house organized and fully functional. We have been in our house since May, but with me not being a stay at home wifey and our busy schedules, I haven't had the time to get fully settled in. I wish I could just twitch my nose and it would all be done...but that hasn't worked.

This blog breaks down by room how to organize your life - which is exactly what I need. Rather than trying to find where to start, I'm just going to follow her blog, and tweak it to my liking as I go along. Looking forward to posting weekly updates and progress!

What are your fall plans?

2 comments:

  1. You are SO busy, Brit! I hope you have a fabulous birthday weekend. Can't believe you're training for a marathon on top of everything...you put me to shame. I love the project a week idea...can't wait to see how well it works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Britt, you're making a baby which I think trumps everything I'm doing! And I decided last night that it is going to be like a project a month, because I went a little crazy at the store yesterday and realized that it might make more financial sense to do one room a month instead of a week. I had planned on just organizing, but that turned into full on decorating.

    ReplyDelete