Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Sneak Peak: Entry Way

A few days ago I had posted here that I was on a mission to organization following another bloggers ideas. Well, lets just say that I started yesterday, and I think my project a week is going to have to be a project a month. I was just going to organize everything, but I found this $14 rug at Ross, and I went into full-on decorating mode. I guess I could have turned the light on before I took this picture. It is dark brown, light brown, cream, a hint of pink, and a bunch of other colors. My husband said it is a huge eye sore, but that is just because I won't let him walk on it with his shoes - you would think I had paid big bucks for it.


Here are the before pictures. Nothing too wonderful.

Here are the after pictures - I really need to work on my lighting in these pictures. On a side note, I used really bright ribbon and colors in the closet because it is just fun. I think homes that are all color coordinated are just flat out boring...well my husband says our house looks like an Easter egg, but hey, it's fun, bright, and cheery.

I jazzed up some plain white hangers for guests to hang their coats on this fall/winter.
 Our newspaper recycling bin and our donate bin
  I got this crate for $2.99 at Target and made a "Blankets" tag for it
 
 These are for all Brandon's keys and stuff he brings in from his car everyday and my running stuff - dollar spot at Target

This is an old whatchamacallit - I don't know what the proper name is for it but it makes a delightful door stop.
 This red rack we found while going through Brandon's grandparent's stuff before their move. It is an OLD newspaper stand - how appropriate. I'm definitely going to paint it, just don't know which color yet. I'm seeing it as a plant holder right now, but that could change.
 This is Brandon's old nightstand the he acquired from a previous marriage. With the chair railing, I thought it would be the perfect height. I'm going to stain it as well, just don't know what color yet. Also, I'm going to change out the knobs on it. I had to sit it so far over so our door could still open all the way back.
 Yes, these are pictures frames I got at Hobby Lobby for 50% off with no pictures in them and a vase with nothing in it as well. This table is going to display seasonal type things for Fall, Christmas, etc, and it is self-contained storage underneath for all of it. 
 And last but not least my smashed thumb from trying to put that newspaper stand together. It is old and the shelves didn't want to go on.

So, I guess that is a little more than a sneak peak, but I still have painting to do and a few other things to spruce it. I'll be sure to post pictures when it is completely finished. OHHH..I also added a vanilla packet to the closet to give it a nice smell.

I'm not painting any of the walls in our house just yet - they are all a neutral color and will practically go with any decorations, and lets face it as much as I change my mind on decorating, they need to remain neutral.

Do you have any big projects going on this week? 


No comments:

Post a Comment