Friday, August 3, 2012

Girls Weekend in Dallas

This past weekend I went to Dallas to see my very best friend in the entire world. It was the absolute best weekend I have had in a long time. I went up Friday night and stayed with my parents. We went out to dinner, drinks, and dancing. Saturday morning I headed to Arlington to meet Christy and then to head to Dallas.

We checked into our hotel, The Crescent, and immediately changed into our swimsuits. We laid out at the pool for hours and the pool boy, John, kept the Mojitos and food coming all afternoon. We of course people watched and talked about how disgusting it is that the "Dallas girls" all smoke. They are these super model looking girls...that smoke. Pretty awful. And, yes I am super white, and no, I don't ever try to tan. Who wants old, wrinkly, leather looking skin?


This is the amazing salad I had, pool-side.



We had dinner reservations at 7:45 at NoBu, a Japanese restaurant. We had a 7 course meal and it was to die for. I have no pictures because my phone had pretty much died, but it was amazing nonetheless. After dinner we went out, and finally around 2:30 a.m. we were back at the hotel.


I don't even know what was happening in this picture



Of course neither of us wanted to get up, but finally managed too at 11:00 because we were both starving. We went down to the Observatory and had a 3 course brunch.

First Course: Corn Chicken soup - they have been serving this same soup for 26 years

 Second Course: Egg and ham sandwich
 Third Course: Creme Brulee
 The most awesome hot peppermint tea I have ever had

 Yes, Christy poured the whole jar of honey in her tea.


That was the end of our girl's weekend, but we are planning on doing it once every couple of months. However, we will have to find a winter activity - as we can't be lying out by the pool in bikinis.

I stopped through Weatherford on my way home to see my parents again and topped the weekend off with this wonderful Fro-Yo.



I hope everyone has a great weekend! I wish I could have many more weekends like last, but then I guess that is what makes weekends like last so special.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like such a fun, relaxing weekend! Oh man, that brunch looks deeeelish. So does the Fro-Yo! The salad, not so much ;). You know me and my terrible eating habits. I also think that cobalt blue is the perfect color on you...you look beautiful in the night-out pics. Glad you had a great time with your bestie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Britt! It was a great time and much needed relaxation.

      Delete