Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Meeting Day

This month is a month of anniversaries for the Bird's (Brandon and I). April 9th, two years ago marks the first time Brandon and I saw each other since Brandon graduated from high school in 2004. That makes almost 6 years that we didn't see each other. I won't elaborate on our entire story of how we reconnected; the important part is that we did reconnect and we are living happily ever after. However, I will tell you in 3 parts about the "month of anniversaries."

April 9, 2010 fell on a Friday and was a day Brandon and I had been anticipating for quite some time. I was so nervous all day and couldn't wait till work was over - I'm sure that I probably left work early that day. I had more important things to be doing, like baking him cheesecake brownies like I had promised.

THE CHEESECAKE BROWNIES



 Brandon had to drive from San Angelo, so I don't know exactly what time he was to arrive, but I knew the minutes were ticking way too slowly and way too fast all at the same time.

Finally, he called me and said he was at his hotel and settled in and that I could come and we would go to dinner. As soon as he opened the door, it was like seeing each other for the very first time ever. I had cheesecake brownies balancing in one hand and my other arm was giving him a hug. He brought some whiskey that I had never tried, Maker's Mark, so we had a glass of that (he knows the way to my heart), and listened to "Yours and Mine," a song by Kyle Park that he had wanted me to listen to. "Yours and Mine" also happens to be the song that Brandon sang to me at our wedding.




We ventured out to dinner after that. I wanted to take him to Babes...real romantic looking back on it but oh well. He says I did not act interested at all the entire time at dinner, but he has later learned that I just enjoy people watching more than anything.

That was our first real date, but I don't classify it as our true first date for a couple of reasons. Come back tomorrow and find out why :)

No comments:

Post a Comment