Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Happy Baseball Day

Yesterday was Happy Meeting Day and today is Happy Baseball Day. 2 years ago today, April 10, 2012, Brandon and I went on our first actual "date-date." This is the day we actually claim as our anniversary because it was an awesome date, much better than the dinner date the previous night, and this just so happens to be my parent's anniversary as well.

Our first date was unforgettable. I woke up early and was equally as nervous as I had been the night before while getting ready. While I wasn't a huge Ranger's fan at the time let alone baseball, I wanted to impress Brandon with my ability to look cute while wearing Ranger's colors of course. My husband has been a fan of the Rangers practically his whole life - yes, even when they were terrible he still liked them. He is a walking encyclopedia of baseball knowledge, just ask him a random question sometime - you'd be amazed. So anyways, I digress, I ended up picking out a button up dark blue top with red and blue jewelry.

We went to breakfast in Godley at one of the best breakfast places ever - the City Cafe. Lydia by far has the best coffee I have ever had in my life. We then made our way to Arlington, got there early, found our seats, and soaked the sun in. On a side note, that was opening weekend, I bought tickets 3 days prior to the game at face value about 20 rows up, by the end of the season you couldn't find tickets on the 20th row and certainly not at face value. How quickly things change!

OUR FIRST PICTURE


Watching Brandon was like watching a kid in a candy store - this first date definitely won him over and I stole his heart forever.


After the game, we went to visit Kristin, Brandon's sister. He got his first two Kanji symbols that day on his right arm "Love and God." He has since got his third "Wife" and someday he will get "Children"

THE FIRST TWO "LOVE, GOD"


For my last first date with anyone, it pretty much topped the charts on great dates!

Now you don't have to hear any of my other mushy posts until our actual anniversary on April 23.

1 comment:

  1. Cute first pic! And I didn't know he had tattoos! I like what they symbolize!

    ReplyDelete