Sunday, September 4, 2011

Britni's Birthday Week

So, my 24th birthday was perhaps one of the best birthday's I have had thus far in my short life. Not only because I turned an even number, but because I have a wonderful husband and family. I tend to want to have a "birthday month" but that didn't go over so well with the husband - he actually thinks it is quite ridiculous that I make such a big deal out of my birthday. However, being the good adoring husband he is, he gives in to my crazy fanciful ideas and this year really out-did himself with the birthday festivities. I didn't quite get to celebrate all month but I did get wonderful presents at the beginning of August from Brandon. Then nothing for weeks - can you believe that? I know, I was quite shocked myself.

With my birthday being on a Wednesday, Brandon gave me all my presents on Tuesday since I would be spending the rest of the week with my parents. I shall not recap all the wonderful things he gave me, but he's going to have a hard time topping this birthday. Moving on to the actual day of my birthday...I got to see my daddy on our b-day for the first time in 2 years, which was a blessing enough by itself. I got my daddy a great coffee table book that is all about horses and in turn my parents know me so well and my love for sparkly things :) I went home with my parents on Wednesday, but sad because I wouldn't see Brandon until Friday.




On Thursday, mom and I shopped till we dropped, visiting all of my favorite places - ann taylor loft, anthropologie, banana, etc. Our dinner consisted of cupcakes from Central Market and listening to live music. Friday was another full day of shopping in Weatherford followed by dinner with mom, Brandon, Colby and one of his friends (sorry I forgot his name). Saturday was a pretty lazy day followed by getting all dressed up and going downtown Ft. Worth and eating at Reata.  

Dinner was quite the experience. I now know every detail of the people's lives sitting beside us. It is a gift I have for being able to pay attention to 10 things at once. Oh well back to dinner, I ordered this Cherry Vodka Limeade thing since Cherry Limeades are one of my favorites...well anyone that knows me knows I need high liquor content in my drinks..well that $11 Cherry Vodka Limeade didn't do it....so I resorted back to my normal Crown and Ck...as Brandon calls it...You know 5 parts crown 1/2 part coke..and that was only $7. I should have just had 2 maybe 3 or 4 of those. Brandon just stuck with his Shiner. For starters we had bacon wrapped quail, both of us had steak, shrimp, mashed taters, and bacon wrapped asparagus. For dessert we had these amazing tacos with vanilla bean ice cream, bananas, strawberries, and fresh mint. They even wrote Happy Birthday on the plate, sadly they did not sing to me and make me do ridiculous embarrassing things.



On our way out I went to the little girls room on the way in and the lady sitting next to us (the one that I now know her whole life story) screamed at me Happy Birthday!!!! Clearly she was paying attention to our conversations too.

My 24th was definitely the best b-day so far...give it another week and it will be about time to start planning the next one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment