Monday, February 20, 2012

What a Wonderful Weekend

As promised, here is my Monday blog.

What a wonderful weekend we had. It's an odd sensation to be in your mid 20's and you suddenly get a whole new family that you have never had before. This is much the way my husband felt back in 2010 when he gained a new part of his family. However, when they are as wonderful, caring, warm, and kind as they are, you soon forget that they have only been a part of your life for a couple of years.

I said all that to say this: We had the absolute honor and pleasure to attend Shane and Scarlett's wedding this past weekend, and what an amazing wedding it was. I won't recap all of the details because I feel like they aren't my details to share and I can't possibly begin to do the wedding any justice withe mere words. It was in essence, magical. Two things though: my husband was so excited with the beer-bearing donkeys and at one point in the evening I turned to Brandon and said "this is when every girl is comparing her wedding and it just falls short." Now don't get me wrong, I loved every minute of my wedding and it was everything I could have ever hoped for (except the flowers, but don't get me started on that) - I was saying it more as a WOW moment than anything.

Brandon and I stayed in this adorable little Inn called "Wimberley Inn." This cute little bag filled with wine, beer, water, altoids, hand sanitizer, yummy goodies, and kleenex greeted us upon or arrival. In the file it is upright, but for some reason when I stick it on here it is sideways - just tilt your head to the side and imagine.

It was up to date yet had a vintage flair to it. This was my favorite part of the room. How many times did I actually get to lounge in it...once, for 2 minutes..bummer.
And some views from the front porch and out the back window.


Sunday morning we slept in till 8:30 (yes that is sleeping in to us). We met Zollie and Michelle in downtown Wimberley to have breakfast. We made a short stop in Fredericksburg so I could satisfy my sweet tooth with a Sweet German Pretzel. Look how excited Brandon was...again..imagine that he is straight..
We went to Enchanted Rock with Zollie and Michelle since Michelle is considering a Biathlon where you run, bike, and then climb Enchanted Rock. Sounds fun terrible right? Lunch at the brewery and then we headed home.

So that was our wonderful weekend!

To top things off I FINALLY recieved this in my e-mail this morning..So it is officially official even if it is sideways..



**agenda for the week - find out why pics look straight in their file and then turn out sideways on the blog**

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like y'all had a great weekend! I can't wait to hear about the wedding from Brit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Wimberley Inn looks so cute!! I'm glad y'all had a great time at the wedding...we did too. I know what you mean about comparing it to your own; it was just that amazing. Good luck in your race...hug Michelle for me!

    ReplyDelete